Sunday, August 2, 2015

Early 1900s Panama Motobike built by the Great Western Manufacturing Company.







This bicycle has been in pieces for many years.  I bought it, disassembled it and had a nasty coat of green house paint stripped off.  It then sat in boxes until this weekend.  When I bought the bike I was told it had been hanging in the rafters of an old cabin on Lake Tahoe.  The frame and fork are still in bare metal.  I put a coat of Eastwoods patina preserver on it.  The bike features a Fauber crank set.  Fauber is credited with inventing the one piece crank set in the late 1800s.  The Wright brothers used Fauber cranks on their bicycles.  The original wood rims are beyond repair so I put a pair of Canadian 28" wheels on it for now.  The seat is also in real bad shape.  It had a plywood pan that is delamminating and falling apart.  The pedals will need new blocks at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment